GEOG Benefits Harmonization

Who do I contact for questions regarding my current GE Benefits, payroll or retirement plans?

For questions regarding any of your current GE Benefits, go to to find more information. If you still need help, give us a call:

  • GE Benefits Center: 1-800-252-5259
  • GE Payroll: 1-800-315-1082
  • GE Pension Benefit Inquiry Center: 1-800-432-3450
  • GE RSP Service Center: 1-877-554-3777
  • Lufkin Pension Plan: 1-866-325-8214

Why aren't there separate benefits for hourly and salaried employees?

This is not applicable under BHGE plans.

Why are there additional coverage tiers?

Providing a four-tier rate structure allows our employees choice and flexibility to choose how they want to cover their dependents.

Will my Medical plan administrator stay the same?

For many GE Oil & Gas transfer employees, it may not stay the same. The BHGE Medical plan administrator is UnitedHealthcare. 

Will I need to choose new doctors?

If your current medical administrator is UnitedHealthcare (UHC), you don't need to choose a new doctor if he/she is still in the network.

If your Medical plan administrator is changing, you may have to find a doctor in the UHC network. To find a doctor in the UHC network, go to and select the Choice Plus Network. You can also call 1-866-743-6549 to find an in-network doctor.

My network is changing to UnitedHealthcare and I'm currently undergoing care. How can I make sure my treatment continues without interruption?

If you are currently receiving treatment for certain types of conditions (such as cancer, third trimester of pregnancy, etc.) from a provider who is not in the UHC network, you may be able to continue to see your current provider under Transition of Care. To check to see if your provider is in the network, click here.

If you think you may qualify for Transition of Care after enrolling in BHGE medical coverage, contact UnitedHealthcare to review your case. If you're eligible, you'll have to complete a form and submit it to UHC for processing.

What will happen to my remaining HRA dollars as of January 1, 2019?

Your HRA balance as of June 30, 2019, will be funded into a Limited Purpose HRA and you will able to use that money to pay for eligible dental and vision expenses from January 1, 2019, through December 31, 2020. You must enroll in the BHGE Dental and/or Vision plan in order to access the funds otherwise the funds will be forfeited.

What will happen to my current HSA dollars?

Any HSA balance you have is yours to keep. If Optum Bank is currently your HSA Custodian and you enroll in one of the BHGE high deductible health plans, your HSA employer record with Optum Bank will transition from GE to BHGE. There is no action required on your part for this change. 

If you are currently participating in the HSA and Optum is not your custodian of record, contact your current HSA provider for information about how to access your HSA.

With Cigna Dental will I be able to see my same dentist? Can I go to any dentist I want?

If your current dentist is in the Cigna network, you will be able to continue to see the same dentist. If your dentist is not in the Cigna network, you can still see them, but you'll pay more for care because it's out-of-network.

If I started a service with my previous dental carrier will it continue with my new dental carrier?

If the treatment or service was started under another dental carrier, your claim should be filed with the same carrier. Each situation may vary, however typically work started under the previous carrier will be paid by the previous carrier, depending on the procedure and timing. 

Your 2019 Cigna Dental plan may not cover charges for services that are already in progress, but this varies depending on your specific Dental plan. Review your plan materials for details about the covered and non-covered services under your plan, including plan exclusions and limitations. Contact Cigna member services to determine how this will work, as it depends on the treatment plan and the work that has already started. 

If I started a service with my previous vision carrier, will it continue with my new vision carrier?

If your treatment or service was started under another vision carrier, your claim should be filed with your same carrier. Your VSP plan may not cover charges for services that are already in progress, but this varies depending on your specific Vision plan. Contact VSP member services to determine how this will work. 

What happens with my current Guaranteed Universal Life (GUL) policy?

For more details, contact the BHGE Benefits Center at 1-866-244-3539 from Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST.

How will my legacy service be calculated for vesting under the BHGE 401(k) Plan?

Your adjusted hire date provided to BHGE by GE will be used for vesting service under the BHGE 401(k) Plan.

If I'm currently contributing to a 401(k) plan, will my payroll contributions continue?

No. You must enroll in the BHGE 401(k) in order to make contributions.

I currently have a loan with my GE 401(k). How will I repay it?

A letter will be sent to employees with a GE 401(k) loan that outlines the options for continuation of payments. You will have the following options:

  • Make monthly payments directly to the GE RSP Service Center via electronic funds transfer from your personal bank account for the remaining term on the loan using Fidelity’s Electronic Loan Repayment Service;
  • Repay the loan in full in one payment;
  • Make partial loan prepayments without penalty or re-amortization in conjunction with ongoing monthly payments.

Contact Fidelity at 1-800-554-3777 with questions.

Lufkin Pension Plan - How much is my pension currently?

Once all your 2018 pay has been reflected, you will receive a pension statement verifying your estimated benefit amount in February of 2019.

Lufkin Pension Plan - What is the retirement age for the Lufkin pension plan?

Your Normal Retirement Age is the date you reach age 65 (or the fifth anniversary of the date of commencement of your years of Vesting Service, if later, but no later than age 70).

Early retirement benefits are payable to participants who retire on or after the earlier of (i) the date the participant has both attained the age of 55 and completed 30 years of Credited Service or (ii) the date the participant has both attained the age of 62 and completed 15 years of Credited Service. This date will be referred to as your Early Retirement Eligibility Date.

Lufkin Pension Plan – Can I roll my benefit into my BHGE 401(k) plan?

No, you are not allowed to roll your Lufkin pension plan benefit into a 401(k) plan per plan rules.

Lufkin Pension Plan – Can I receive a lump sum benefit?

No, under plan rules, you are not allowed to take a lump sum withdrawal unless you are terminated from service at BHGE and have a total aggregate benefit value of less than $10,000.

Lufkin Pension Plan – How do I begin my benefit?

Upon reaching eligible retirement age, you will contact the Affiliate Benefits Center at 1-866-325-8214 to request your pension estimate and retirement election kit.

Lufkin Pension Plan – What will happen to my benefit?

Effective December 31, 2018, all benefit accruals stopped under the Plan. This means that salaried participants will no longer earn credited service for any period of employment after December 31, 2018. Also, any compensation earned after December 31, 2018, will not be included in your final average earnings. After this date, you will only be credited with vesting service for purposes of determining your vested percentage and your eligibility for disability retirement benefits.

Am I still eligible for Electric Insurance employee discount?

Yes. You will continue to be eligible for Electric Insurance employee discounts.