Hospital Indemnity Protection Plan
Hospital Indemnity insurance provides a lump sum payment if you receive covered hospital care and are confined to a hospital. Review coverage options here.
If you purchase this coverage, you can choose from a High or Low plan option, which determines how much you will receive for an eligible claim.
These are your benefits:
- Hospital Admission Benefit
- Daily Hospital Confinement Benefit
- Daily Intensive Care Unit Confinement Benefit
- Intensive Care Unit Admission Benefit
- Mental and Nervous Disorder Treatment Benefit (Inpatient)
- Rehabilitation Therapy Benefit (Inpatient)
- Short Term Observation Services Benefit
You and your covered dependents will not have to answer medical questions or provide proof of good health if you enroll during Annual Enrollment or as a new hire.
How the plan works
- You must be actively at work on the effective date.
- You are not required to be enrolled in a Baker Hughes Medical plan to have Hospital Indemnity coverage.
- If you or a covered family member receive covered hospital care and are confined to a hospital, the plan will pay a lump sum benefit.
Click here to read to the Hospital Indemnity Protection Plan benefits summary and watch the protection benefits video which tells you how the plan works.
For instructions on filing claims, follow these instructions.