Big and small, at work, at play or at home, injuries lead to more than 20 million medical visits each year. This can mean surprise health care bills and a lot of stress. The Accident Plan complements your Medical plan elections to help cope with the financial burden injuries or accidents may cause.
How the Plan Works
- The Accident Protection Plan is insurance that pays a lump-sum benefit directly to you after an accident.
- The amount of the benefit is based on the covered expenses and treatments you received.
- You must be actively at work on the effective date.
- Any payment the plan makes is the benefits you receive from your Medical plan coverage.
- You can use the money as you see fit – to pay your Medical plan deductible, accident costs or use it for other expenses.
- You are not required to be enrolled in a Baker Hughes Medical plan to have Accident coverage.
Click here to read the Accident Coverage Plan benefits summary.
This a short list of the types of injuries that may qualify for a benefit payment but many other injuries may be covered:
- Lacerations (cuts)
- Loss of fingers or toes
- Emergency room treatment
- Hospital stays