Critical Illness insurance can help safeguard your finances by providing you with a lump-sum payment if you or a covered dependent experience one of the following:
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass
- Kidney failure
- Major organ transplant
- And over 20 additional conditions
If you purchase this coverage, you can select from two initial benefit levels: $15,000 and $30,000. You pay premiums directly from your paycheck based on your age.
You and your covered dependents will not have to answer medical questions or provide proof of good health if you enroll during Annual Enrollment.
How the plan works
- You must be actively at work on the effective date.
- You are not required to be enrolled in a Baker Hughes Medical plan to have Critical Illness coverage.
- If you or a covered family member is diagnosed with a covered illness, the plan pays you the initial benefit in a lump sum.
- If you remain covered and suffer the same illness again, the plan pays a recurrence benefit of 50% of the initial benefit.
- If you remain covered and suffer a different covered illness, the plan pays another initial benefit.
- The maximum total benefit amount is 300% of the elected initial benefit amount.
- The diagnosis must be made by an accredited physician within the United States.
Click here to read the Critical Illness Plan benefits summary and watch this video that tells you how the plan works.
For instructions on filing claims, follow these instructions.