If you enroll in a UHC Medical plan, you have 24/7 access to physicians through Virtual Visits, UHC’s telemedicine program.
A virtual visit lets you see and talk to a doctor from your mobile device or computer. When you use UHC’s virtual visit network, you have benefit coverage for certain non-emergency medical conditions like the flu, cold, pink eye, rashes and fevers.
Beginning January 1, 2022: $0 telemedicine copay after you meet the deductible (applies only to Teladoc, Amwell, and Doctors on Demand, or Optum Virtual care (where available)).
When to use a virtual doctor
You can use Virtual Visits when:
- Your doctor is not available
- You become ill while traveling
- You are considering an emergency room visit for a routine or non-life-threatening health condition
- Your child is away at college
How it works
- The first time you use a Virtual Visit provider, you’ll need to set up an account with that Virtual Visit provider group. Complete the patient registration process to gather medical history, pharmacy preference, primary care physician contact information and insurance information.
- You can see and talk to a doctor via mobile device or computer - 24/7, no appointment needed.
- The doctor can give you a diagnosis and prescription, if needed.
- The cost per visit is approximately $50.
- You pay at the time of service and your payment applies toward your deductible and out-of-pocket maximum. You can use a credit or debit card to pay.